Big thanks to @steveology for tweeting a link to this great list of Twitter tools
- Twitter Search – This, obviously, is Twitter’s own search function. You can subscribe to a search via RSS.
- TweetBeep – TweetBeep is a “Google Alerts” for Twitter
- Tweetscan – Schedule Twitter searches to be sent to your email.
- Twist – Like Google Trends for Twitter
- TwitScoop – TwitScoop is a real-time tag cloud of Twitter buzz that also allows you to create graphs based on keyword tracking.
- MicroBlogBuzz – MicroBlogBuzz tracks the most popular links shared on microblogging services, including Twitter, Jaiku and Identica
- Twit(url)y – Tracks popular links and displays them in Digg-like fashion.
- Hashtags.org – Hashtags tracks the most popular Twitter posts that include a #hashtag. You can subscribe to an individual hashtag using RSS.
- Twemes – Tracks Twitter memes.
- TweetGrid – TweetGrid creates a Twitter search dashboard that updates in real time.
- monitter – monittor is a real-time keyword-based monitoring service that lets you watch three columns of keyword streams side-by-side. You can subscribe to them using RSS.
- ReTweetist – Tracks the most popular retweets.
- minn.citytweets.net – Real-time tweets from and/or about Minneapolis.
- Qwitter – Qwitter notifies you when someone unfollows you.
- Spy – Spy tracks real-time keyword mentions in Twitter, FriendFeed, Flickr, Blog Comments, Yahoo News, Blogs and Google Reader and allows you to subscribe via RSS.
- TweetWheel – Finds out which of your Twitter friends know each other.
- Twitter Charts – Twitter Charts gives you a visualization of when a particular Twitter user is most active. This is an excellent tool to determine the most opportune time to engage a given person.
- twInfluence – Ranks Twitter users’ influence.
- TwitterGrader – Grades a given Twitter user according to influence. Includes power users by geographic location; suggests who to follow and allows you to check if someone is following you.
- TwitterSheep – Creates a tag cloud of all the words in the bios of a given Twitter user’s followers.
- TwitterCounter – Provides stats on a given Twitter user and lets you compare that user to two others.
- Twellow – Twellow is a Twitter directory.
- TweetBoards – Compare Twitter users side-by-side.
- TweetStats – Gives you Twitter statistics about a given user.
- TwitterMeter – Twitter Meter allows you to enter a word to graph its use on Twitter’s public feed.